Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

A Thankyou and some freebie buildings.

 
 
 
First off a BIG THANK YOU to all you guys that went to Salute and posted your photos. It was almost as good as being there. (Note to self: You retire next year GO!). Seriously, thanks.
 
On the modelling front. I was inspired by some of the buildings that have been slipping around the blogsphere, and felt I wanted to give it a go again. So here's my efforts.
 
 
The Bank Robbery

Another view.

The Drug Store

A Road Check.

I have to admit that building from stock card is a skill that you loose if you don't use. These were decent enough attempts but there is a lot more to be done.

The models are freebies from www.buildyourownmainstreet.com . There are a few of them in varying levels of complexity. The are 1/72 nd scale but I'm sure that you clever chap out there can re-size them accordingly.

I need a good idea for a game scenario to follow on from the last one. Any IDEAS. Should be a comp. but it's not. Maybe in the future.

All the best.

Lorcan

4 comments:

  1. I hope you can make it to Salute next year it would be good to meet up. I'm going to go for the first time next year and plan on starting to put some cash aside for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased that I', not the only one to have had a go at these buildings but I think you've got the drug store entrance wrong. I believe it should be stuck inside the building not outside, like this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0EN4wDZYqWc2vM&tbnid=k-pavKg1x-2njM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.signshop-wales.com%2Fshop_fronts.html&ei=KuJ3UdLYK8K1O5rdgAg&psig=AFQjCNFhic6WaxcNU3E0YrebzobUbNkheg&ust=1366897578866714

    (sorry about the link)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on those buildings.

    ReplyDelete