Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

Back in the saddle

OK it's a bit late for the first weekly post. I have been side tracked. Gaming wise it was X Wing, real world wise, a pal of mine has needed help with his Masters Dissertation and all my writing effort has gone into this. It has to be in by the end of the week so that will be that and I can get back to what I enjoy!

Where is this going? I hear you cry. Nowhere, really just explanation.

I intend to return to my hillbilly stories. Why? Well the character, Ernie Carver, is based on a pen friend of mine, Ernie. How I knew him is a complicated story, he existed in North Carolina. Sadly, he died in November, of natural causes (he was the same age as me), so I intend to write a short novella about him. This will be based on his (fictitious) experiences in zombie filled backwoods where he grew up and his real experiences as a backwoodsman. In his later life he got involved with 'native american' spirituality, another complicated story! Therefore I may try to weave some of this into the tales.

I trawled the internet and I found this picture. Which remarkably is not unlike a rugged Ernie.

 And so my friends by the end of this month I hope to return you all to the woods, backwoods, hamlets and towns of North Carolina and the stories of a 1920's zombie hunter.

See you all soon in the ether.

Keep safe, warm and dry.

Lorcan.


10 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so looking forward to this, not the least becasue the guy in the picture looks a lot like me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have my attention, sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great plan, Bob. Oh, and I can confirm that picture of the old timer could well be Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your alternative Zombie settings. I will relish another trip to the back woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear the loss of your friend. It will be a fitting tribute It sounds a great way of immortalising him in fiction. Awesome pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back :)
    Looking forward to see how the story turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have you back, and some more good news about 1/72 plastic zombies, 2 new fantasy sets on the way
    turer_id=362361&product_type_id=&code=&scale_id=&keyword_search=&setPerPage=25&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorcan, sounds like a bit of fun is coming our way, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to this, it's a nice gesture!

    ReplyDelete