1. Get a new job. Pass. A great part time job as an education officer, tour guide at a local power plant. The company is super to work for and it is so different from what I did. I enjoy it immensely. Sadly it is only part time and I would like more hours. Saying that I have volunteered at my club as the 'cellar man', which I also enjoy a great deal. I'm giving myself 1 3/4 points for this one.
2. Blog once a week. Fail. As I had to take that sabbatical and I wasn't really into it this year. 0.
3. Game at least once a month. Fail. I only got a couple of games up this year. 0.
4. Civic improvements. Pass. Sorted out the garden, the hall, tumble dryer, lots of other little things. More to be done though. 1.
5. Drive on with VCBW project. Pass. Although I didn't game it I did write half a novel on my campaign. I'm going to carry this forward. 1.
6. Get to at least two wargame conventions. Fail. No excuses not one. 0.
7. Get fitter, loose weight. Fail. Completely the opposite. In my defence I have had a broken foot which didn't get fixed and is still painful. So I'm negating this one.
Therefore 3 3/4 out of 6. Not bad but must try harder.
Other: Retirement, not so good. But then I went on a rugger tour with my eldest lad, which was just brilliant, although the reality of aging hit me between the eyes. I had a fabulous holiday with the family. We went on a cruise in the northern med. Pompey, Rome, Cannes and Barcelona. Super, this takes the biscuit so 2014 was a resounding success. 10/10 for none resolutions.
2015: I'll bring forward those I failed at and let life take it's course. Seems to have worked last year.
|Miss January 1960|
All the best for 2015 to you and all your relations and friends.