Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Hors de Combat Diversion 1 - Corpses.

Being compelled to sit about certainly activates the 'must do modelling' button and so I embarked on a couple of projects. One being some 'scenery' corpses or casualty markers and the other a piece of terrain.

This is number one.

1. Remove the skeletons form the 'Undead' box

2. A little bit of surgery, place them on a base and hot glue.

2a. Close up, I quiet like the effect given by the glue.

3. PVA glue and a bath in grit. 

3a. Completed but the 'glue effect' has gone. Note to self.

3b. Close up of a base.

4. Paint in the bones.

4b. Close up of bases.

I'll give them a dark wash when I'm at that stage with the other project. More to follow tomorrow.

Keep on modelling.

Lorcan

20 comments:

  1. Alas I have no spare skeletons. By that I mean I would like to make some of these as well. Ahh well back to my 10mm Ansar and check if the wash is dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but effective, which is just what you want. Well done, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I agree with Bryan they are very effective looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great addition and very effective bithas scenery and markers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy, but what does 'bithas' mean?

      Delete
    2. oops, "bits as " (I blame the football)

      Delete
  5. I'll be watching your progress with interest. This is a good start :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Colgar6, wait for the next project it was initiated by you!?

      Delete
  6. Nice work! Very effective looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple = Good.

    Nice idea and application.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Bob. At first, I wasn't much interested in the dead bodies (why buy those if you can buy more miniautres? ;P), but I like them more and more. I really think scenery adds to the gaming experience.

    That was an ace idea, shows how useful the skeletons can be, even if you don't game fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great praise coming from such an accomplished modeller, cheers!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Quick and effective diversion, looks good!

    ReplyDelete