Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

NOT my 100th post!!!

Another late post. Once again due to failing health, and another weeks stay at hospital on i/v antibiotics. Thank heavens for modern medicine and the NHS, damn getting older! However it was somewhat on post as I was initially treated for necrotizing fasciitis (cute & zombie like, but not something you want to take to a party!)

Back to the plan. This was supposed to be my 100th blog. The start of 'The BIG GAME'; Police, Military, gangers, civilians and hordes of zombies trying to escape 'Purgatory'. As it happens all I could manage over the last fortnight was to tidy up the shanty shacks. So it's not my 100th blog it's my 99th 1/2 one.

So here they are for your delectation.

I undercoated the cardboard and pizza base models in grey. I forgot about the 'melting effect' of the paint. Which didn't effect the cardboard but actually gave the pizza base models a real fired look as it melted and rounded off the sharp edges, it also bent a couple of beams and pitted the walls/floors. A technique I will use again. Then just coated the various parts in suitable colours. Went to hospital.

Cut up some newspaper, pasted to the various buildings. With an unsteady hand outlined some panels on the shanties.

Highlighted the fire damage and washed the lot with black.




I must admit I just wanted to get it done and over with. They're not great but I think en masse with other bits and pieces I may get away with it.

Anyway take care out there and look after your health (we often take it so much for granted.)

All the best and thanks for reading,

Lorcan.

9 comments:

  1. Hope your hospital visit is not too bad (I've been there too and it really isn't thatmuch fun) and fingers crossed it's not for too long.
    I think the shanties and extras look good and more than adequate for the job !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak. I have to say that the care in hosi was 1st rate but sleep was at a premium. By night 3 I'd had better nights on an 'escape and evasion' ex (after capture)it's a long story but thank God I'm on the mend now. Ta for your concern.

      Delete
  2. I wish you well, Bob, and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Yes, I totally agree with you that getting old sucks. I'd like to keep my brain but swap my body for a much newer version that doesn't breakdown quite so much!

    Your shanty town looks very good. I look forward to seeing it being put to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo VtG ta. I fully empathise with the body thing. My mind still tells me that I'm in my thirties and when I 'go for it' I'm a yard to slow and get hurt or sprain something!

      Delete
  3. They look great to me far better than my own scratch building attempts so far. Get well soon mate and look forward to seeing the season finale :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I've been reliving some of those 30 minute shows on 'youtube' that I was brought up on. Thanks to the 7tv project you have. I'd love to be tempted but my project 'to do' box is curently bursting. Rock On Agent Wyngarde King (fade out to 'Where do you go to my Lovely: with a spy lyric)

      Delete
  4. I hope you are on the mend, but these look great; well done that man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your on the mend and the shanty town looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete